Giving an alert or popup, when user entering information below or above in a certain range

Jump to solution
05-31-2021 01:54 AM
srikanthnamburi3
New Contributor II

Our field guys will be collection oxygen level for eg: 10-20,  Idea is they can enter any number, but when entering below and above a certain range. I need an alert or a pop up to the user, saying like " below 10 oxygen level is risky when doing field work".

Note : The reading should be taken even it is below or above in range, so constraint might not work here.

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Kevin_McIntyre
New Contributor III

I think you may be better off adding some sort of general note/description or placeholder text on that field to serve as a reminder that certain values may be dangerous. I don't think it is possible to have notification/alert popups like that yet. 

One thing you could do is setup a webhook that would send a text to the worker that submitted the inspection and notify them that way?

View solution in original post

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Two ways I use.  One is a note using a red font and a relevant.

DougBrowning_0-1622555001508.png

DougBrowning_1-1622555059682.png

The other is using emojis.  See my post on this here. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-documents/how-to-simulate-instant-data-checking-using... 

DougBrowning_2-1622555188789.png

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
srikanthnamburi3
New Contributor II

Thank you , can you elaborate more on the emoji part. Looks interesting, I read the doc . Where we do a calculate field . {Add a calculate field that holds the check.  An if statement will determine if the value is good or not and returns either the good emoji or bad. }

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kevin_McIntyre
New Contributor III

I think you may be better off adding some sort of general note/description or placeholder text on that field to serve as a reminder that certain values may be dangerous. I don't think it is possible to have notification/alert popups like that yet. 

One thing you could do is setup a webhook that would send a text to the worker that submitted the inspection and notify them that way?

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Two ways I use.  One is a note using a red font and a relevant.

DougBrowning_0-1622555001508.png

DougBrowning_1-1622555059682.png

The other is using emojis.  See my post on this here. https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-documents/how-to-simulate-instant-data-checking-using... 

DougBrowning_2-1622555188789.png

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
srikanthnamburi3
New Contributor II

Thank you , can you elaborate more on the emoji part. Looks interesting, I read the doc . Where we do a calculate field . {Add a calculate field that holds the check.  An if statement will determine if the value is good or not and returns either the good emoji or bad. }

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You need 1 field that determines what the emoji will be.  The &#.... part is the HTML for the emoji.  You can bind esri type to null so that the field is not created in the service.

if(value is good, "✅", "⛔")

Then you can use this field in a label.  

Reach Length Surveyed (m) ${ReachLengthCheck} 

The label will display HTML so it sees the emoji code and shows it to the user.

DougBrowning_0-1622556458361.png

Not sure what else I can say. 

If you want an actual message you could do that in line also.  Or even both with maybe a skull emoji?

if(value is < 10, "&#128128;Warning oxygen level is dangerous", "&#9940;")

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
srikanthnamburi3
New Contributor II
Understood . I will test it out today .
0 Kudos