Getting error code 1019 "The specified feature could not be updated or does not exist" in Survey123 for ArcGIS

07-16-2017 06:47 AM
RichardsonAluvilayil2
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am getting error code 1019 "The specified feature could not be updated or does not exist" in Survey123 for ArcGIS (version 2.2.14) when I am trying to edit existing survey data using the Inbox functionality in the Survey123 for ArcGIS mobile app (tested in Android and Windows OS - version 2.2.15).

I am using Survey123 via AGOL and checked the survey data through survey123.arcgis.com, I was able to edit the data thorough AGOL Web Map viewer and the updated data is reflected back on survey123.arcgis.com.

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Richardson

0 Kudos
13 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Richardson,

Does your survey contain any repeats? Currently Survey123 does not support the editing of surveys with repeats via the Inbox.

Are you able to upload a copy of your survey so we can take a more in-depth look at the issue.

Regards,

Phil.

RichardsonAluvilayil2
New Contributor III

Hi Philip,

Thanks a lot for replying.

Yes, my survey does contain repeats. I tested the survey after removing the repeats and it worked fine. Any idea when will Survey123 support the editing of surveys with repeats via the Inbox.

Also, during my testing I noticed another issue. When we use "select_multiple", we are still able to edit the survey and send the updated records without any error. However the updates are not reflected in the survey data. Any idea on this?

Thanks,
Richardson

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Richardson,

The editing of repeats via the Inbox is a priority and currently being developed. The time frame for release is not yet available.

As for your second issue with editing a select_multiple via the Inbox, this is a known bug already in the system and will likely be fixed in a future release, time frame for fix currently not yet available also.

Regards,

Phil.

RichardsonAluvilayil2
New Contributor III

Thanks Philip. Appreciate your help on this.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Richardson,

Just an update to let you know that the editing of repeats, and editing of select_one and select_multiple questions will be supported in the next release, 2.4, due in mid-Sept.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
FaithDziedzic
New Contributor

So, I have a similar issue, but my field users have been using the same survey for months. All but one are syncing fine. We've reviewed the data and all required fields are filled in. This survey does have repeats, but every other one has synced from the outbox fine once connected back to wi-fi. If the best answer for this is pulling the data via the work-around, I'll try that and putting it back into the main survey data.

My other issue is that I can't figure out how to view the repeat data- I'd like to export the repeated question as a .csv file (or anything) and I can't find the repeated questions from the survey123 website. Thanks.

0 Kudos
RichardsonAluvilayil2
New Contributor III

Hi Faith,

1. Go to https://survey123.arcgis.com and open the Data tab of the particular survey.

2. At the bottom right corner, you will see the option for Download, select the option for "Download All Data".

3. This will download all the survey data as .csv file and all the repeats data will be saved as a separate .csv file.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Richardson

0 Kudos
MarcHoogerwerf
Occasional Contributor

We are also experiencing this issue with a survey having repeats (multiple photos to be uploaded). While waiting for this to be fixed, how can we rescue the photos, that have been taken as part of this survey entry, from the device (Android and iPhone)? They are part of the evidence for a report we need to file. They don't appear in the normal photo library, so I guess they have been stored within the app managed storage space.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Marc,

Yes the photos (and survey data) can be recovered through the same recovery workflow documented in 'Recover data from a  mobile device' section of Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS .  Essentially, you copy an 'ArcGIS' directory from your phone (Android: either directly or using 'Android File Transfer', iOS via iTunesConnect).  There will be a 'My Attachments' folder which has all of the photos taken on the device.  in the 'My Surveys' folder, there will be a 'Databases' folder that has a sqlite database.  From there, we can do some work to extract the data as recorded and translate that to a CSV file, for instance.  We're working on providing better recovery tools in the future.