Select to view content in your preferred language

Geotrace Tracking Location and Editing/Constraints

Tuesday
ValNunnery_UNCW
New Contributor

I am newer to Survey123, working on learning the system to then assist my coworkers and boss in using the surveys to take field data in a specific area. My boss has had issues with forgetting to stop tracking her location in the geotrace question during Field Survey. I either need to find an easy way to edit out a section of the track with minimal effort, or a way to place a constraint on the geotrace question to only allow tracking within the polygon of the survey. I'm sure this is easier than I'm making it but I've found a whole lot of nothing in concerns to fixing this problem.

NOTE: she does not want to undo the survey submission from her outbox. She wants this to be more streamlined, or easier to delete a large section quickly.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ethiopia
New Contributor III

I believe you need to set constraints. For a Geopoint question, I recently used constraints in Survey123 Connect to ensure that the points collected would be within a management zone polygon. First, I used pulldata to pull the feature class field. Then, I applied the constraint (string-length(${management_zone}) > 0) and (${management_zone} != '0')in the Geopoint question.

This approach might not be helpful for you. But hopefully you can adapt a similar method for the Geotrace question to ensure tracking only within a specified polygon.

ValNunnery_UNCW
New Contributor

When you say "feature class field", are you referring to the geopoint field, pulling latitude and longitude then placing constraints? I had seen some other posts talking about doing that but had trouble replicating that result on my own. 

0 Kudos