Geotrace auto punches

12-10-2019 10:58 AM
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Everyone,

Is there any way to write a code that it auto punches geotrace question in Survey123 form every certain period of time? 

Thank you,

Yulia

Tags (1)
3 Replies
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Yulia,

Survey123 does not yet support location 'streaming'. You currently need to manually capture GPS locations as you move in the field. This is something we are interested in implementing in a future release. I encourage you to submit an enhancement request via https://support.esri.com. Your request can then be attached to the previous request for this functionality. This helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

Brett

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Brett,

I know it's officially not supported yet, I was hoping someone found a workaround. I am sure a lot of companies will appreciate this streaming functionality, and I will submit the enhancement.

Thanks,

Yulia

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @YuliaMamonova,

Just letting you know that we now have a beta implementation of location streaming for geotrace and geoshape question types which allows the user to directly stream location updates to the line or polygon being created in the map question as they move around.

You can test out the latest 3.15 beta builds with this feature via the Early Adopter Community and the relevant documentation can be found here:

Location streaming and other geotrace / geoshape capture method improvements - ArcGIS Survey123 (esr...

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos