Geopoint fails on desktop, crashes.

03-26-2021 10:59 AM
ChelseaTabor1
New Contributor III

I've had a recurring issue with Survey123 on desktop.  Whenever a survey is opened, the geopoint question tries to get the user's location, then the program freezes up and stops responding. The same surveys work fine on phones and tablets.  

I've diagnosed the issue with AppStudio and it points to the geopoint question as the point of failure.  

The error is "ArcGISSurvey123 qml: Invalid geopoint coordinate: {isValid":false,"latitude":null,"longitude":null,"altitude......"

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ChelseaTabor1,

Can you provide some more details about the desktop? Is it a Windows machine, if so what version and build number (check the About screen in Settings).

Are location services enabled in the Settings->Privacy->Location page, and has location be allowed for Survey123 Connect and field app in the applications list on that page?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
ChelseaTabor1
New Contributor III

It's a surface tablet running windows.  I'll see if I can get the version and build # from the user.

Location services are enabled.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ChelseaTabor1,

Thanks, also can you confirm the make and model of the tablet, as well as OS version?

Do other apps on the device get a location when using the GPS?

Also, can you collect the diagnostic logs with AppStudio Console or via the option to attach and email logs in the app after you collect them, so we can take a look at the entire log when the issue occurs.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
ChelseaTabor1
New Contributor III

Phil,

I don't have the laptop available to me today, but I think I found the issue.  Or at least a workaround.  In my survey I set the geopoint default to 'null' so it doesn't attempt to automatically use the device's location.  After doing this, the surveys all loaded fine with no crashes.  

0 Kudos