Formatting question elements

07-23-2019 04:36 AM
deleted-user--2hDb5YTmQS1
New Contributor II

Hello,

I want to change the format of two question elements:

1. The font (size, color) of the select_one/select_multiple choices/answers.
  2. The background color of a readonly question (wich, by standard, is very lightly greyed-out).

Are there ways to accomplish this in Survey123?

Thank you very much, best regards,

Jürgen

6 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes add HTML tags in the Label field.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Thank you Doug for your reply. Alas, this isn't what I need, atually. I would like to change these two things:

1. Color/Size of the options/answers for a select_one/select_multiple question.

2. Background color for a readonly field.

Any chane to do this?

Best regards,

Jürgen

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

HTML also works in the label in your choices list.  I just tried it.

<font color="red">This is some text!</font>

Also worked in Read only just fine.

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Thanks once again Doug. Unfortunately there seems to be a bug in this. Please test this expression:

<font size=2 color="Green"><b>text</b></font>

While this expression works perfectly in the question label, it doesn't in the choices label. As soon as "size" comes into play in the choices label the entire HTML expression doesn't do anymore.

And do you have any idea how to change the background color of a readonly field?

Best regards,

Jürgen

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You are right size does not seem to work in the list.  Sorry i do not have anymore info for you as I have never used it really.

0 Kudos
AshtonW
New Contributor II

Also if anyone Esri is reading this thread, I would like to say adding html formatting like <strong> to a select_one/select_multiple field using the compact-n appearance completely breaks the column functionality. I'm sure there is a complicated reason this is all happening and I'm sure this will be a tough bug to fix, but that being said it would be super cool if someone were to do a post of what formatting can be used in each field for reference.

0 Kudos