Foreign font not showing properly in survey123/appstudio

08-13-2020 03:03 AM
AurelieShapiro
Occasional Contributor II

I need to create a survey that is readable in Lao font: Phetsarath OT 

I have changed the font in the excel file for my survey, and also followed this workflow (https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2018/04/29/customizing-survey123-part-1-white-label...) as we are packaging the survey into an ESRI App Studio App.

it looks correct in Excel:

and it looks correct on survey123 in the web:

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/e343930c44fc48ee934e52e84bdf5043 

but it's unreadable in survey123 or the AppStudio app (subscripts, superscripts, spaces).

How does ESRI support customers who don't use latin/english text? Surely there are people in Laos using survey123 in their local language?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Aurelie,

What version of Connect and the field app are you using? Also on what devices and OS versions do you see this issue?

Is that font installed on the device as a system font, and are you using it as the default font for the app, or are you just using it for the labels and text inside the survey form by using the locale codes in the survey xlsx form as per Manage multiple languages—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation ?

You can set the default font of the field app in the Settings Menu under on the Text option:

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
AurelieShapiro
Occasional Contributor II

We are running the survey on Windows computers which have the font. And yes, this lao language is the default font using the language settings.

So we realized the issue is due to text size, so your text setting option works, I hadn't thought of that thank you! But still takes a few clicks - before the first use everyone needs to close the survey, go to settings etc...is there a way to set the default font and size when the survey opens? Text size isn't an option in the settings in survey123 connect?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Aurelie,

Unfortunately you can not control the default app font and text size via a survey, as the survey settings are independent from the app settings, this is because you can have many surveys with different settings, so they can't control the app behaviour.

And yes you are correct, there is no font or text size setting in Connect, only the field app.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos