Focus pages at the top of page.

Jump to solution
11-28-2017 01:07 PM
BrentKinal1
Occasional Contributor III

The ability to have groups on separate pages has been a great addition organizing data collection in Survey123, however pages have come with an somewhat annoying quirk/bug impacting the workflow of my users. When navigating between pages Survey123 seems to maintain the same position of the page you leave in the new page thus forcing the user to scroll to the top of the new page before continuing data entry. Is there a setting somewhere that can change the location of where the focus of the page is when navigating between pages? i.e focus the page at the top.

Tags (1)
23 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

You will find both of these enhancements in 2.7, which will be coming out shortly.

Christopher_L_Rogers
New Contributor III

James,

Bless you and the whole Team... you're my Heroes for the day!

Christopher_L_Rogers
New Contributor III

BTW James,

The new features work beautifully and have removed many headaches from our end users thanks again!

Not to be greedy but any news on when there may be a Grid Layer capability for Survey123? 🙂

Thanks,
Chris

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Chris,

Just to check, by 'Grid Layer' are you referring to a grid/table layout or support for raster layers in the map?

Christopher_L_Rogers
New Contributor III

Hey James,

I'm talking about grid/table layout to be able to place questions or entry fields horizontally and vertically and take advantage of landscape layouts and full use of the available screen real estate instead of just a top to bottom portrait/linear layout.

Very useful on Mobile Tablets and Laptops and better represents the user experience on more complex Surveys/Applications.

I understand it potentially needs to be able to revert back and forth when using a Survey on a smartphone versus a Tablet or Laptop but I think it is absolutely doable much like how it's handled in web app development with elastic/fluid layouts. <DIV>'s perhaps with HTML/CSS?

Thanks in advance James!

Regards,
Chris 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the detail.  We do plan to support this in the future; the method of implementation wis planned to be via the XLSForm's theme-grid definition

Christopher_L_Rogers
New Contributor III

Thanks James,

I forgot about "XLSForm's theme-grid definition" methodology that would be perfect... excited to try it out once it's available.

BTW... I can't comment enough on the AWESOME work the Survey123 Team has been doing thus far. Survey123 is one of the most prolific products Esri has developed in the recent years.

The future for Survey123 is full of promise and I can't wait to see the future enhancements and updates the team is cooking up!

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
Christopher_L_Rogers
New Contributor III

One quick question when this has been implemented "XLSForm's theme-grid" will there also be a way to print the forms like in this example... https://enke.to/::fatal 

Thanks,
Chris

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This seems to work on android but not apple on v3.  Is there a setting or something?

thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Doug,

In testing, I'm seeing the survey return to the top of the page in iOS; it should be working.

0 Kudos