Focus pages at the top of page.

Jump to solution
11-28-2017 01:07 PM
BrentKinal1
Occasional Contributor III

The ability to have groups on separate pages has been a great addition organizing data collection in Survey123, however pages have come with an somewhat annoying quirk/bug impacting the workflow of my users. When navigating between pages Survey123 seems to maintain the same position of the page you leave in the new page thus forcing the user to scroll to the top of the new page before continuing data entry. Is there a setting somewhere that can change the location of where the focus of the page is when navigating between pages? i.e focus the page at the top.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

You will find both of these enhancements in 2.7, which will be coming out shortly.

View solution in original post

23 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Brent,

Thanks for the suggestion - I've added it the discussion on enhancing the pages functionality.

0 Kudos
BrentKinal1
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks James, Also has anyone suggested adding a back button for navigation between pages, or better yet the ability to swipe between pages?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Yes, it is part of what we plan to improve the pages UX with.

deleted-user-1otocGKZwQ2k
New Contributor

Thank you, James.  The discovery of this bug necessitated the removal of pagination from a survey in development.  More than just an "annoying quirk," this bug needs to be fixed before I can again consider using pages in surveys.  Do you have any idea when a fix may be implemented?  Thanks!

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi David,

Currently we do not have a set timeline for improving pages and the location of the page scroll when moving between pages. We do have open issues for these improvements/bugs and are hoping to resolve them in a future release.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-1otocGKZwQ2k
New Contributor

Phil, thank you.

ColinCampbell
Occasional Contributor

It would be great to get this fixed.  We have had similar problems with our surveys.  It's a particular issue when we have a final page containing 'terms and conditions' that you want the user to agree to.  Often this page loads half way down the page or at the bottom.  It is either confusing or gives the impression that you're trying to get them to agree without reading the T&Cs properly.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your feedback and use case. I have added this to our internal issue.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
Christopher_L_Rogers
New Contributor III

Hello Everyone, JTedrick-esristaffichivite-esristaffESlavik-esristaffPhilip.Wilson-esristaff

Has there been any update and/or new development regarding the Paging issues mentioned here 1) Starting at the top of the page when moving to the next page and 2) adding a back arrow or last page/ previous page button?

Very interested in this as well! We are developing Field Data Collection apps with Survey123 for Law Enforcement Officers and they can be distracted by the smallest things.

Thus, these two issues are driving them crazy along with our not being to create page layouts that take advantage of a landscape layout such as in a traditional web apps.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Sincerely,
Chris Rogers

Christopher L. Rogers
Law Enforcement Programs Administrator

Oklahoma Department of Public Safety
International Association of Crime Analysts

0 Kudos