Filtering records in the map viewer give different number of filtering in the survey123 for web

03-27-2019 06:42 AM
RawandDizayee
New Contributor III

Dear ESRI team,

I have to questions:

- First question when am using filtering in the map viewer for the field reporters i will get correct number of records that person sent it to us but when am trying on survey123 for web I will get wrong number of records, for clarifying my question I attached pictures shows that person send 16 records for us but in survey123 web shows 2 records.

- My second question is why i cant not see date field for filtering  in the map viewer ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rawand, 

Just to confirm, is the 'Reported by' question a single choice question (has a domain)?  I see 'zaenab' is used in the Survey123 query, while the ArcGIS Online table displays 'Zaenab' - if this is a free text box these represent 2 different values.

0 Kudos
RawandDizayee
New Contributor III

Dear James,

Yes, its free text field so to prevent this i should use single choice question ?

So what about my second question please ?

thank you 

Rawand

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rawand,

A single_choice field would ensure consistent entry; you also might want to consider a username question to automatically record the username.  The second question deals with the ArcGIS Online‌ map viewer?  You should be able to see a date field in the list for filtering- can you provide an example of what you are seeing?

0 Kudos