Field app symbology for Survey123

08-23-2018 11:46 AM
FDEPAGO
New Contributor

Within the mobile application Survey123 field map, when looking at your inbox, is there a way to set symbology?  In other words, if my points represent three distinct values, can the field map inside the web app display points of three colors, rather than the default color and marker set.

16 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi,

I am assuming that you are referring to the map view when accessed via the Inbox within the mobile field app?  Currently, there is not a way to alter/view data symbology within the field app. We do have an open enhancement in our internal backlog related to this functionality, which I will add your comments to.  Symbology can be applied and viewed in any ArcGIS Online web map (including the map viewer within the Survey123 website) and should be available with the beta version of Collector for ArcGIS as well.

Best,

Brandon

KimJackson
New Contributor II

Yes, you answered the question.  We have several scenarios with our surveys where this would be extremely helpful. In one case, we are displaying facility status in red/yellow/green for disaster recovery field work. There are reasons we need to use Survey123 rather than Collector, so we'll watch for futures enhancements that might provide this functionality.  Thanks.

HélèneTouyéras
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Brandon,

Would you have any news for us on this topic?

Our users are also asking if I could post a symbolized layer in the Survey123 inbox, to help data update a touch further.

Many thanks!!

With kind regards,

Hélène.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Hélène,

At the moment, it is not possible to symbolize your geopoints or reference another existing symbolized dataset when interacting with the inbox.  Having said that, we do have an internal enhancement related to this functionality which I will add your comments to.

Best,

Brandon

HélèneTouyéras
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for this update Brandon!

I notice that the points in the inbox are mostly blue, and sometime orange.

What is the difference between the blue and orange points?

Many thanks!

Hélène.

0 Kudos
EliasMartinson
New Contributor II

I’m looking for the answer to this question too.

Thanks,

Eli

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Hélène, Eil,

Where/when are you seeing an orange point?

0 Kudos
BenWalker
Esri Contributor

Hi James Tedrick‌ and Brandon Armstrong

Do you have an update on this topic. We are configuring Survey123 for a large utility in the UK and each users inbox will contain assets for electrical circuits, poles and spans on an overhead conductor. Each circuit can have up to 100 surveys in the inbox. It is hard to relate a surveys to an asset in the real world so they are favouring the map view in the in-box over the list view. It would be great if we could symbolise on attributes in the survey, or if we could symbolise on the status. So surveys that have not been touched are green, partial are green, submitted are red,

Any ideas when we might be able to use this use case in Survey123?

Thanks,

Ben.

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ben,

Support for web maps is also part of the beta features I mentioned in my response to your question concerning VTPK support.

0 Kudos