February 25th Survey123 update broke external choice list in the survey

Jump to solution
02-27-2021 02:09 AM
YuliaMamonova
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

This is what I see in the update for Survey 123 field app:

• External select choice filters can now use name values as numbers.

The reality:

I had external choice list for the survey (Nan string value and numbers):

YuliaMamonova_0-1614419749649.png

Worked fine like this, and still works in Connect (I have not updated it):

YuliaMamonova_1-1614419821921.png

This is what is happening in the field app (instead of Nan I have selection mark):

YuliaMamonova_3-1614420322438.png

Thanks,

Yulia

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
YuliaMamonova

Update: Changed "Nan" to "Not Found" and it now displays in the dropdown. Has "Nan" become a reserved word or something?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

Yes, but it worked fine previously so it confused me. The data is coming from a third party and is pulled into csv, so I asked them to change it from Nan to smth else, and now it's all good. Thank you.

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Yulia,

As described in the 3.12 What's New blog post, the list processing has changed to be more robust and performant.  If you wanted a value nan in a sequence of numbers, you would need to ensure that is in double quotes in the CSV file

5 Replies
YuliaMamonova

Update: I have updated connect and now external choice list shows the same behavior as the field app. Tried recreating the csv, but still only numeric-like values are showing up in the dropdown. Please suggest!

0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

Update: Changed "Nan" to "Not Found" and it now displays in the dropdown. Has "Nan" become a reserved word or something?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

nan = > n(ot) a n(umber)

NaN - Wikipedia

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
YuliaMamonova

Yes, but it worked fine previously so it confused me. The data is coming from a third party and is pulled into csv, so I asked them to change it from Nan to smth else, and now it's all good. Thank you.

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Yulia,

As described in the 3.12 What's New blog post, the list processing has changed to be more robust and performant.  If you wanted a value nan in a sequence of numbers, you would need to ensure that is in double quotes in the CSV file