Feature Service connected to Survey123 not displaying in map viewer

10-08-2021 06:18 AM
WillvanHeerden
New Contributor II

Hello all

I am having an issue with feature services connected to my recently created surveys on Survey123 Connect. I create the surveys as I always have, I then publish them using the default settings, I edit the design on the web, and then share it. However, when I test the survey by submitting test answers I get the following. I can view the test responses as tabular and spatial in the data view on the Survey123 website. However, when I click 'Open in map viewer' the map opens with the feature service but the canvas is blank and when I attempt to open the table I receive this error message 'Accessing data failed'. I attempted to open the feature service from our AGOL content page but I am met with the same empty canvas and error. I created multiple surveys each simpler than the next and the problem persists.

Has anyone experienced the scenario I described above or any advice as to how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
9 Replies
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Will

I once had a similar issue and it turned out that I used a reserved keyword in my survey...

Not sure if you could have done something similar? Sounds like you're just building a plain survey though

WillvanHeerden
New Contributor II

Hallo Deon

Nee niks vreemd aan die survey nie. Dankie vir jou terugvoer, dis 'n dood normale survey met geen snaakshede nie wat weier om die feature service by 'n kaart te voeg.

Hoop als gaan goed daar by Esri SA.

Groete Schalk Willem (Will) van Heerden

0 Kudos
RalphBeishline
New Contributor III

Also experiencing this with survey form published with version 3.13 of Survey123Connect. Survey forms published with earlier versions seem to continue to function as expected.

The service layer used for the Map Viewer returns no data visualization and examining the data table yields the "Accessing data failed" error.

0 Kudos
WillvanHeerden
New Contributor II

Hello Ralph

Have you found a solution to our problem?

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
RalphBeishline
New Contributor III

I wish I had better news, Will, but I have not yet found a solution to the issue.

0 Kudos
jbpanganiban
New Contributor

Hi, I am experiencing the exact same issue. I have submitted records that display in a feature layer under stakeholder. But when I got open the data in a map viewer it says that accessing the data runs into an error. I think this is preventing the data from being published on the feature layers itself.

0 Kudos
AlainChouinard
New Contributor III

Hi Will,

I have exactly the same problem : the feature layer created with a new Survey123 3.14 survey don't show in Map Viewer Classic or in Vizualisation tab of the feature layer page. But it works in the new Map Viewer. I can see the data in the Data tab of the feature layer page but I can't see the attribute table in Map Viewer Classic.

I had published a Beta version of my survey 3 days ago with the same version 3.14 of Survey123 Connect and everything was working fine.

Now every new survey has the same problem, even the default survey with a sample text question and a yes/no question!

Did you find a solution?

0 Kudos
lourymello1
New Contributor II

Hello, I have the same issue to vizualize survey 123 data collected as to feature layer on map viewer. 

If you have some solution, let me know!! Thank you!!

0 Kudos
CCGIS
by
New Contributor III

For this problem, try creating a view of the hosted layer and that will allow you to view it in MapViewer.

0 Kudos