Feature Reports Failing - CORS "No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' policy"

07-09-2020 10:20 AM
StevenGonzalez1
New Contributor III

We're having trouble getting feature reports generated from the Survey123 website through our portal. Things have been running smoothly until a few days ago. 

I simply get the error:  An error occurred while generating reports.

The console shows that there seems to be some issue getting the survey123 resource because of the CORS policy "No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource." 

No changes that we know of have been made on our end regarding the Portal's security settings...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Steven,

Are you still having this issue? I believe it was resolved in recent updates to the Survey123 website, but it would be great if you can confirm with your surveys? You may need to ensure you are using the latest version by disabling version locking, or publishing your survey with the latest version of web designer or Connect.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
StevenGonzalez1
New Contributor III

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for your response. The errors we received appear to have been resolved by the recent update to the Survey123 site you mentioned. Thanks again!

Kindly,

Steven Gonzalez

HarmondSantos1
New Contributor III

Hi Philip, I have just recently encountered this error. Not sure what happened but it was working before the start of the new year. The survey was published using the latest version of Connect. Any idea what could be the issue here? Thank you!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @HarmondSantos1,

Based on the error in the webform view, it looks like the user you are currently sign in as does not have access to the survey form item, or the permissions or the form, feature service or a view. Can you confirm if any changes have been made to permissions, groups, sharing for that survey?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
HarmondSantos1
New Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User ,

Thanks for your response. I confirm that there were no changes to permissions, groups and sharing of the survey. I'm the owner of the survey and I'm getting that error as well. I have no problems accessing and submitting the survey through desktop and mobile app but we're hoping to use the web form as an embedded form in one of our sites.

Cheers,
Harmond

0 Kudos
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi @HarmondSantos1 ,

Could you please also check

- the restrict cross domain settings in the Portal

- the web.config file in the web server to see if any header has been set in <add name="Access-Control-Allow-Origin" value="*" />

Also, is it possible to provide a testing account that can access the survey? Please email me at zliu@esri.com if that's possible.

Thank you,

Jody Zheng Liu 

0 Kudos
HarmondSantos1
New Contributor III

Hi @JodyZhengLiu ,

Thanks for your response.

I have checked the restrict cross domain settings on Portal and I've added https://survey123.arcgis.com/ domain in the Allowed Origins - still getting the same error.

We've checked the web.config file in the web server and portal and this <add name="Access-Control-Allow-Origin" value="*" /> has not been set in any header.

I've emailed you your test user account. Let me know if you need anything further.

Cheers,

Harmond Santos

JoãoMartins1
New Contributor II

Hi @HarmondSantos1 ,

Any updates about this case.
We are experiencing the same here.

Regards,
João Martins

0 Kudos