Hi there,

Generating Word versions of longer Feature Reports is giving an error: 

Status
Failed
Failed Object IDs (1)

More details gives:

Failed Object IDs Message

An error occurred when printing.

The pdf sample reports are generating ok, and shorter reports are generating the Word versions ok. The ones that are failing are a single record, but may have 50 or so repeats, all including photos. I can't understand why they are failing and wasn't aware of any limitations in this regard, and it's especially strange as the samples are generating ok. Any ideas, thanks?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @DarraghOSullivan ,

We had updated the Survey123 website on 7/29 PDT with a security update and performance improvements to the report service.

Your report workflow should be able to run now. If you still observe any issues, please let us know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @DarraghOSullivan ,

You are encountering the existing salesforce issue: BUG-000129586 generating the feature report fails when the records have a large number of photo-enabled related records. We are working on this issue right now, and the fix will be available in the next release. We will reply to this post once the fix is available for testing.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
DarraghOSullivan
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for your reply. I also saw somewhere a mention of a 10 minute limit for processing time. Is this the same Bug or a separate issue that would also cause us problems on an on-going basis? I had forgotten to say that each repeat also is geo-located so even without the photos, it may not work?

0 Kudos
Ruth_JiatengXu
Esri Contributor

Hi @DarraghOSullivan ,

The issue you encountered is the performance issue of the report service, and generating report for the record with many repeat, maps, photos is the bottleneck of the current report service. We are working on refactoring the service to improve the performance of the report service, so other than BUG-000129586, we also handle BUG-000140099, BUG-000136451 (10 min limit issue), BUG-000138738.

Thanks,

Ruth

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @DarraghOSullivan ,

We had updated the Survey123 website on 7/29 PDT with a security update and performance improvements to the report service.

Your report workflow should be able to run now. If you still observe any issues, please let us know.

0 Kudos
DarraghOSullivan
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Zhifang. Seems to be working fine so far. I'll let you know if anything comes up.

0 Kudos
DarraghOSullivan
Occasional Contributor

@ZhifangWang The same problem has arisen again. It had been working fine until now, but our biggest report (with 146 repeats) keeps timing out. The biggest before now was 120 repeats which we re-ran and works ok. Is this an indication of the same problem, just with higher limits? Thanks.

0 Kudos