Feature Report - Geoshape / Polygon appearance

Jump to solution
04-29-2021 10:29 AM
DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

Good Morning, 

Is it possible to change the appearance of geoshape polygons in the Survey123 feature report yet?  I have a feature report that shows mapping extents on a web map with an underlying dataset that contains symbols and labels and the default fill color of the polygon in the rendered map obscures the other symbiology. 
Thanks

DerrickWestoby_0-1619717353837.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerrickWestoby

It looks like changing the polygon appearance in the "visualization" page of the survey's feature layer is what affects the appearance of the polygon. 

DerrickWestoby_0-1619819901902.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Derrick,

I was able to reproduce the behavior you are seeing with the default feature layer symbology being visible when exporting geoshape questions using a web map. I’ve logged this as a bug, thank you for pointing it out.

-Barbara

0 Kudos
DerrickWestoby

Say what now?

I *want* the symbology of the other (point) feature layer in there.  That's supposed to be displayed.   

The stroke & fill appearance of the polygon from the geoshape question in the XLS is what I'm trying to change in the feature report. How do I change the appearance of that polygon in the feature report?

0 Kudos
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry for the confusion, when I say the 'default feature layer symbology,' I was referring to the polygon layer. 

The way I understood your question was that in the report template, you have a geoshape question set to display a web map with the the mapSettings property (which would look something like ${geoshapeQuestion}|mapSettings:"[web map id]:0}), and that you tried to change the polygon symbology in the web map, but when you export the report, the symbology is different than what you set it to and is obscuring your point features. Is that correct?

0 Kudos
DerrickWestoby

Correct on the first half.  

The web map I am using only has a feature layer with points in it (the checkboard pattern. EDIT: Sorry, the black circles. I forgot what screenshot I had used).   There is no polygon layer in the web map. The displayed polygon is just the geoshape from the S123 form and that's how it's displayed when the map renders (even if you just use ${geoshape} in the feature report, without specifying a web map ID).  

0 Kudos
DerrickWestoby

It looks like changing the polygon appearance in the "visualization" page of the survey's feature layer is what affects the appearance of the polygon. 

DerrickWestoby_0-1619819901902.png

BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad you figured it out!