Favorite Answers Within Repeats Survey123

Jump to solution
04-23-2020 02:57 PM
DarrenSchouls
New Contributor II

Hi there,

I've been trying to use the "favorite answer" function within a survey but the main body of the survey is a repeat. Does this function not work if the answers I'm hoping to save are within a repeat? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Katie_Clark,

Currently repeats do not support copying favorite answers, favorite answers are only supported in the main body/layer of the survey.

We have an enhancement in our backlog to support repeats and favorites, but it is not currently scheduled for any near future release. I would suggest raising this as an offical enhancement with Esri Support via your account, and also create an Esri Community Idea on the Ideas page. This will help gather more information and understand the customer demand for this feature enhancement.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Darren,

Can you please share the xlsx file so we can take a closer look? Are you using a repeat count, or does the user have to add a new repeat records when they open the survey. I believe that only the first visible repeat will get the favorite answers, not additional repeats that the user adds, you would need to use defaults for that.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

@Anonymous User I am also trying to do this - I want users to be able to save a survey to their favorite answers so the user can copy/paste answers rather than have to record identical (and extensive) vegetation data for areas with the same veg composition. 

I've tried to "save to favorite answers" feature, but it only copies the answers from the main body of the survey, not anything within the vegetation repeat data. Is there a way to do what I am hoping to accomplish?

Thanks!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Katie_Clark,

Currently repeats do not support copying favorite answers, favorite answers are only supported in the main body/layer of the survey.

We have an enhancement in our backlog to support repeats and favorites, but it is not currently scheduled for any near future release. I would suggest raising this as an offical enhancement with Esri Support via your account, and also create an Esri Community Idea on the Ideas page. This will help gather more information and understand the customer demand for this feature enhancement.

Regards,

Phil.

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for your reply, Phil! I appreciate it. 

I found an idea that already existed for this topic so I commented on it.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-ideas/set-favorite-answers-for-repeats/idc-p/1069354#... 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek