Failure to update a Survey123 record with polyline geometry Embeded in a Dashboard

07-11-2019 06:04 PM
MaazaMekuria
Occasional Contributor

I am wondering if it is possible to update a survey within an webform or embedded in a dashboard.  I can update the survey when using the field app, but i can't even see geometry in either the webform or embedded in the dashboard document.  It is quite possible that the embedded document is exactly as the webform so it is consistent that I can't even see the geometry.    Inside the dashboard I get a cryptic JSON error (Unexpected number in JSON at position 10). Can someone help with this! 

I trust some of the ESRI guys will respond when they are free from the ESRIUC.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

What version of Connect was this published with, Maaza? 

Are you able to draw the geometry in the webform/embed when submitting a new record (Error only happens on edit)?

0 Kudos
MaazaMekuria
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Derrick, It is version 3.5 (I think the latest).  I was able to resolve the problem with submission . It had to do with choice lists in the fields that were in the original form.  There was a problem in the first place that it would not bring the field data when there were choice lists in the top portion of the form.  Other choice lists below were picking up the data and showing the list (though they were shorter lists not more than five choices) were working.  Since the top fields were key and used as relevant clauses it was affecting the overall form.  I had to reenter the top fields data before I could submit and the  update would go through.  It was strange to see that it brought several pieces of the data and missed others that were part of a larger list. 

Now I had to  change the choice lists on the top of the form into text fields (since it is already in in the feature layer and is sort of important to have them in the first place) before I was able to see the data and submit it. The short term problems are solved.

Thank you for your help.  

0 Kudos