External choices in all my forms stopped working after recent update

06-01-2021 09:38 AM
BryceHancock
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have several Survey123 forms we have been using for two years with no problems that use external choices, and all suddenly stopped working with most recent update to Survey123 field app. When I click to select an item from the external choices list in the field app, there is a brief flash, but nothing appears in the select box. I am using a tablet running Android 6. The external choices still work in Survey123 Connect, just not in field app. The csv file is in the media folder on the device. The path to the media folder looks like this: internal storage/Android/data/com.esri.survey123/files/ArcGIS/My Surveys/and the survey number. Attached is the zip file with survey and media folders. Looking for a quick solution as we need start collecting field data again next week :/. Ideas? Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BryceHancock
Occasional Contributor

UPDATE: I did find three reserved words in the name column and changed them by adding a underscore to each, like SAVE_, RULE_, CAST_.  I then republished the form and attempted to use the external choices dropdown again. It still did not work.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @BryceHancock

Thank you for passing along the XLSForm! In taking a look into the form the field used for the cascading select is using a SQLite reserved keyword (group) which conflicts with the database approach we switched to with the 3.12 release when managing choice lists. 

I had switched the field name to sp_group and that is working on my end. 

Thank you, 

Zach

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
BryceHancock
Occasional Contributor

This solution worked for me. Thank you!

0 Kudos