Export Survey123 Feature Class to FGDB Fails

05-31-2017 05:33 AM
RachaelHurd
New Contributor III

Has anyone else experienced this issue on Portal For ArcGIS with Survey123 Feature Classes?

I had this error once before but I tried it again the following day and it just worked, that solution didn't work this time.

I go to the feature class Export Data>To FGDB

Enter tags, summary, and set the output location

The Export button goes gray and says "Exporting..."

Then one of two things happens:

1. I get "Error: Failed" (see attached pic)

2. The "Export" button goes back to blue, it still says exporting, and the cursor spins forever.

This particular survey was created by a user then ownership was transferred to the headless admin. I have tried exporting as both another admin user and as the headless admin user with exactly the same results.

This survey has a related table and picture attachments so an alternative format export (like csv) isn't an option. 

Any suggestions or ideas on why this might be happening?

JTedrick-esristaff

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rachael,

Unfortunately, the error you received is fairly generic.  Could you open a developer window with your browser and attempt export again?  You will series of requests going to a 'status' endpoint.  After the failure, the last of these will be the one that reported the error- it might have a more detailed message to describe the issue.

If you're not familiar with doing the above diagnostic, please open an issue with Esri Technical Support and provide them this message as a procedure to check along with describing your problem.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

James Tedrick‌,

I have been experiencing this problem as well and followed your advice to look in the developer console. When I try to export selected records as a file geodatabase, the export fails but no messages appear within the developer console. However, I found that when I selected 6 records or fewer, then I was able to successfully download the fgdb. When I did this, the console returned this message:

I tried to do some research on this message, but I'm not sure what I can do from the front-end to be able to address this, or if it even provides any useful insight into the failed exports. 

Have their been any new bugs associated with this issue that many people seem to be experiencing? I did see this one but it doesn't seem to apply to my situation (all labels are under 255 characters).

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have!

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kathrine,

Which browser and version of ArcGIS Enterprise are you using?  I'm not seeing this error with a test installation.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi James Tedrick‌,

I'm using Google Chrome (Version 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)). The error is occurring in ArcGIS Online, not Enterprise. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
JimTolbert
New Contributor III

Hi Rachael.........  Did you ever figure this out?   Tech Support has not been able to figure out my instance of this.  THanx.......... jt

0 Kudos
RachaelHurd
New Contributor III

Jim,

If I remember correctly, no we didn't exactly figure it out. The work around was to connect to the service from desktop (ArcMap or Pro) and export the data in that way.

I haven't had this issue re-occur so I am not exactly sure what caused it and/or how to prevent it in the future.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos