Expiration Date Notification to Email via Survey123

Jump to solution
02-12-2020 06:41 AM
JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I've created a form using Survey123 Connect that contains electric meter information.  Within the form, I have added "date" field which allows me to select some future date.  This future date lets me know when I need to change the battery in our meters.  I use Integromat for all my notifications using the Survey123 module coupled with the Send Email module.

What can I use to integrate with Survey123 and Integromat to send me an email notification when this future date has been reached?

Thank you.

Jeff

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EricChez
New Contributor III

I suggest creating a Google spreadsheet with the columns you want to log first, and in your Google Sheet module, change the mode to "Spreadsheet and Sheet", select the google spreadsheet and sheet, and then map out each field with the corresponding feature\attributes from survey123 data.  See image:

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
20 Replies
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Jeff Davis‌,

You could write a python script that takes care of the email sending. I would write a script that checks todays date and the date field in your feature layer. If the date is the same or within the time window you send an email. You can then use the windows task scheduler to schedule the task to run daily.

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer has helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

Hey Ben,

Thank you for responding to my inquiry.

Unfortunately, I do not have any Python experience.

Thank you though for your suggestion.

Jeff

0 Kudos
EricChez
New Contributor III

You can probably dump the survey results to excel or google sheets, and have a filter condition to check for the date and send an email when that condition is met.

EricChez
New Contributor III

If you are good with JSON, you can probably query the endpoint for the hosted feature class, parse the json to get the fields, and plug it into an email

0 Kudos
JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

Hi Eric,

Thank you for responding to my post.

I must seem somewhat like a broken record, but...I am not a JSON manipulator either.

However, your suggestion of using Google Sheets has me curious.  Is that a module in Integromat?

Thanks.

Jeff

0 Kudos
EricChez
New Contributor III

Jeff,

No worries.  Yes Google Sheets is a module in integromat.  You can choose the "Add a row" function when a survey is submitted/edited to populate the spreadsheet,  you can create a separate scenario to "Search Rows" for the date criteria, and send an email based on those matches.  

Hope this helps.

Eric

JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

Eric, 

I've attached a screen capture illustrating the current scenario I've created in Integromat that supplies an email notification based on a submitted/edited survey from Survey123.

Would Google Sheets be integrated within this scenario or be a stand-alone scenario?

Thanks.

Jeff

0 Kudos
EricChez
New Contributor III

add a router between the two modules so you can split and connect the "Add a row" google sheet  function

JeffDavis7
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Eric.

I will definitely try it out.

As a "heads up"...I may touch base with you again if I have questions.

Jeff

0 Kudos