Expected download times (.tpk)

Jump to solution
03-26-2019 11:34 AM
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

What is an expected download time for a public survey with about 500mb worth of .tpk that is opened on a mobile device via url?  I'm going on 1hr so far in the "downloading" dialog on an ios device and I'm not sure if it's failed, hung up or just taking a long time.

Follow up: Is there any way to cancel this download?

With our public survey we'd like to publish with prepared .tpk's of aerial imagery and a single SDE feature class.  I'm struggling to come up with a good workflow and set of tpk's that balance resolution with size/download times.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

I think my WiFi connection died during the download is the reason.  I was able to reconnect and download an updated public survey with about 250mb worth of tpk's.

I can deal with the aerial imagery caches but I'm unsure about a decent solution to providing offline features.  That is, I can use ArcGIS Desktop to load .mxd's with various view extents of an SDE feature class and then generate individual tpk's for each one and add them to the media folder prior to publishing the survey.

However, what if that feature class is updated often? 

I'm unsure how to make the most current state available for downloading of the survey prior to going disconnected.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JamesCrandall
MVP Frequent Contributor

I think my WiFi connection died during the download is the reason.  I was able to reconnect and download an updated public survey with about 250mb worth of tpk's.

I can deal with the aerial imagery caches but I'm unsure about a decent solution to providing offline features.  That is, I can use ArcGIS Desktop to load .mxd's with various view extents of an SDE feature class and then generate individual tpk's for each one and add them to the media folder prior to publishing the survey.

However, what if that feature class is updated often? 

I'm unsure how to make the most current state available for downloading of the survey prior to going disconnected.