EXIF Sample Form on Survey123 Connect not populating longitude, latitude, and altitude fields when published to Survey123 Online

02-22-2019 02:21 PM
IsaakArslan
New Contributor

I am trying to test the EXIF Sample survey from Survey123 Connect to get a feeling for how EXIF data can be used in Survey123. The form displays fine on Survey123 Connect and populates longitude, latitude, and other fields when a picture is submitted to the form. The problem occurs when I publish the survey to the Survey123 website and try to take the survey online. The survey looks the same, but when I submit a picture to the survey, the longitude, latitude, and other fields do not populate with the picture's metadata like when a picture is submitted to the survey on Survey123 Connect.

How can I make the other fields populate when the picture is submitted to the survey online?

I have attached photos of the Survey123 Connect survey when a photo is submitted and a picture of the same survey online to help make the issue more clear.

On Survey123 Connect:

On Survey123 website:

3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Isaak,

This was a known issue with the 3.2 release, good news is it has been fixed in the 3.3 release which will be available later this week. Please keep an eye out for our 3.3 release blog, at which point try loading the web app again and using the EXIF sample.

Regards,

Phil.

IsaakArslan
New Contributor

Hi Philip,

Thank you for the information. I will keep an eye out for the new release!

Sincerely,

Isaak

JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi Isaak, 

This has been fixed in the web app and will be available for our next release (version 3.4) late May. Would you please have a try then?

Thanks and best regards,

Jody Zheng Liu