Select to view content in your preferred language

Excel tables from S123 files do not appear

a month ago
migforst6
New Contributor III

Greetings for everybody,

When I download data obtained through Survey123 Forms in Excel format there are a few fields that do not appear in the spreadsheets but those fields appear clearly on Pro.

What can I do in this case? Because there are inner dataflows which take these Excel data for analysis.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Are they in repeats? Fields in repeats are in a separate table. When you download to Excel, they are represented as separate tabs.

Do those fields contain data? Empty fields don't show up in JSON submissions, but I am pretty sure they do in the export file.

0 Kudos
migforst6
New Contributor III

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Yes, those fields are in repeat tables. In any case, when I address my dataflow from the Excel file just a few fields do not appear in the Excel table nor in the dataflow, but it can be seen in Pro Attribute table.

Regards,

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would look at using ArcGIS for Excel.  You can then connect Excel right to the 123 service all live time.  No Downloading needed.

The Table to Excel tool also have more options.

0 Kudos
migforst6
New Contributor III

I was looking for something related, but is not the choice that I look for because I am not the only user who access data and the ones who do so have only permission for downloading results via Survey123 Web. Based on such downloads th dataflow runs for generating reports.

Thanks for your suggestion.

0 Kudos