Errors when trying to access published Survey123 form

01-22-2019 11:27 AM
MatFeltner
New Contributor

I have a form recently republished and in AGOL when I try to open it in the browser I get the (see attached) load form error error.  This is new. also getting a "hangup" if I open the same form in the desktop App in this image. never gets past this point - Probably related to browser error?!

Just republished this form with some changes in choices, but had no publication errors or issues.

Form created in current Survey123 Connect (3.1.126).

I open in Survey123 Connect and republished it to no change.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
megan_r
Esri Contributor

Hi Mat,

I am curious, what happens if you Open the feature layer (hosted) associated with the survey in a Map Viewer in ArcGIS Online? To do this, login to AGOL and navigate Content > Folder with same name as Survey Survey Name Feature Layer (hosted) > Open in Map Viewer. Is there any error when opening this feature layer in the webmap? 

Also, are you able to navigate to the Service URL listed under "Layers" in the Survey Feature Layer's Item Detail page? Are their any errors?

Best,

Megan

0 Kudos
MatFeltner
New Contributor

The hosted feature layer will open OK in Map Viewer.  And displayed all data expected.

And the Service URL of the hosted feature layer opens

On my computer under My Surveys has webform dated when I last edited the form

0 Kudos
MatFeltner
New Contributor

FYI: Another form I have that accesses the same hosted feature layer will work as App and thru browser.

Can I possibly delete the bad form from AGOL and then publish again to recreate it? without any consequences that arne't obvious.

I could recreate the entire form, but it is quite complicated - and I would rather not (probably 2 hours to recreate).

The "bad" form is a clone of the "good" form. And both have worked

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mat,

The hanging you see indicates a problem with submission.  Can you create a log file (see Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS ), attempt submission and then provide the log file to diagnose the issue?  Feel free to e-mail me at jtedrick At Esri.com

0 Kudos
MatFeltner
New Contributor

I'll send log file via separate e-mail

0 Kudos
MatFeltner
New Contributor

Final resolution to the “webform” and re-publishing “hang-up” problems I was experiencing…

J. Tedrick (Esri) had requested a log (click here for those instructions) of the Survey123 Connect re-publication which I provided via e-mail.

He reviewed that log and determined that the “hang-up” occurred because my desktop form was pointing to an invalid ArcGIS Online (AGOL) folder.  He asked (suspected) if I had possibly renamed or moved a folder and that the mismatch was created.  I had actually deleted the folder at AGOL in attempt to resolve the webform error!

He suggested that I correct the problem by:

• Getting the AGOL folder data-id for the folder
  1. Right-click on folder in AGOL contents ==> folder
  2. Select Inspect Elements
  3. Copy data-id and replace the desktop folder pointer, ownerFolder in the “.iteminfo” file (open with a text editor)
  • Because I had deleted the folder at AGOL this was not possible
  • But, for future reference, these MUST match!

My resolution was:

• In Survey123 Connect I created a “clone” of my otherwise “good” form by…
  1. “New Survey”
  2. And then “File”
  3. I opened the otherwise working form from the old folder
  4. This created a new set of files for the “cloned” form
  5. I then published this which updated the “.iteminfo’ file to match the newly created AGOL folder.
  6. Everything works now, and I can modify and re-publish the form without any “hang-ups” (i.e. failure to complete the publication to AGOL)

Other Comments:

• I had previously tried to create a “clone” of the form to resolve the problem by…
  1. Copying the entire desktop folder under My Surveys and renaming it
  2. This doesn’t work since I was merely copying the “.iteminfo” file that had the mismatched folder ID!
  • Best Practices for Survey123 form …
  1. Don’t mess with folders outside of the Survey123 “system”
  2. Deleting a published survey from Survey123 Connect will (should) delete the AGOL folder

I will also upload this resolution with screen capture if needed

0 Kudos