Select to view content in your preferred language

Errors in Survey123 Connect xlsform with name and labels

Jump to solution
06-15-2023 12:53 PM
GregKeith
Occasional Contributor III

Howdy all,

I started a new survey in Survey123 Connect, using the Advanced template version 3.18 released 2023-06-13. I'm getting errors I haven't seen before regarding the name and label fields.

I use the note type for spacing in groups and for headers on lists. It's my understanding that the note type doesn't need a name set. Also, while the label column for a row can't be blank, something like <b></b> can be used. This works in my previous surveys.

One error I'm getting is that all the label columns with <b></b> (except the first two, ??) have red fill. I've seen this with duplicate names, but not labels. The other error I'm getting is Invalid Name, but the strange part here is that this only appears when I edit one of the red label fields. I can click Yes to continue despite this error, and the survey saves and seems ok in Connect. I've also tried changing the words 'Count', 'Total' and 'total', but this doesn't change anything.

Any ideas what's going on? Thanks!

GregKeith_0-1686858558201.png

GregKeith_1-1686858698171.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GregKeith

Thanks @ZacharySutherby, I'll give that a try. Hopefully not a bug in the new release. 🤞

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @GregKeith

I'm not seeing any issues with the XLSForm in the screen capture. It's very strange the message is being returned in the Label column. One thing to suggest would be to run the XLSForm upgrade tool in Connect to "refresh" the XLSForm with the latest version. 

Thank you,
Zach
GregKeith

Thanks @ZacharySutherby, I'll give that a try. Hopefully not a bug in the new release. 🤞

0 Kudos
GregKeith

Thanks again @ZacharySutherby, that worked. Now all the appearance, required and read-only columns have the little triangle in the top left cell indicating an Excel error, missing or invalid value. Oh well, I'll ignore those. Using MS Office 365, if it matters.

GregKeith_0-1686861897880.png

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @GregKeith

In Connect under Settings -> Tools what is the version of the openpyxl package in your environment? 

ZacharySutherby_0-1686871018524.png

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
GregKeith

Hi @ZacharySutherby ,

GregKeith_0-1686924666506.png

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @GregKeith

Thank you for confirming! There was an openpyxl bug at that version (and prior) that is causing the data validation issue you are seeing. If you update your ArcGIS Pro install to the latest version you will be on a newer version of openpyxl where the issue is has been resolved. Alternatively you can clone your default ArcGIS Pro Python environment and update that individual package in the cloned environment. In the latter scenario you would need to update the Python path in the Connect Tools settings to the cloned environment. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos