Error with one_choice field, external content, and pulldata()

01-31-2022 09:19 AM
Brownschuh
Occasional Contributor II

Running into an issue in Survey123 Connect with trying to pull in external content via a CSV file into the one_choice field and populating other fields using pulldata().  Basically, when I choose one_choice I get the following error; clearly it wants me to have the list name in the choices sheet.

Brownschuh_0-1643649394949.png

But the weird thing is if I change the field type to just text, everything works fine and all fields populate with no issue.

Using the one_choice option, how do I point to the CSV file versus the choices sheet?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Brownschuh
Occasional Contributor II

So after doing a bit more searching, I believe I found the answer:  external choice lists.  Instead of using one_choice [list name], I was able to test select_one_from_file [file name.csv] and it did the trick.

I suppose the main issue I was getting hung up on was the video I was using an example makes it seem like the CSV file used in the pulldata() function auto-populated the select_one field. 

0 Kudos
LMedeirosUI
Occasional Contributor

I think it is just because there is "name" in the select_one question in the XLS Form and "name" in the CSV file. But there is no pulldata() calculation for the ${store} question, so it couldn't have been using anything other than choice filters. What you wanted to do (and figured out) was actually an (informal) enhancement request by the first comment on the video.

0 Kudos