Error with custom print template - trying to get check box beside a choice item

02-23-2018 11:37 AM
SudhirPonnappan1
New Contributor III

One of the surveys uses a choice list on the 'Season Type' field which is filtered base on the 'Access Type'. The 'Season Type' field is used as a subtype and is of Short Integer field.

I am having trouble getting a check box beside a choice item - ${SeasonType | selected:"value of a choice item"}. Encounters an error when trying to print.

${SeasonType | selected:"0"} All seasons (open year round during open seasons for hunting and trapping, and/or fishing)

${SeasonType | selected:"1"} All seasons except no access during the nine-day rifle deer season in November

Choice list

Does the values in the choice list have to be unique? In this case we have three '0' values?

Does the field have to of type Text?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sudhir,

Can you please attach to this post a copy of your survey xlsx file so I can further investigate to rule out any other issues.

For Connect and App the name column of a choice list does not have to be unique. However it appears there could be a bug with the custom print template when duplicate values are used as you have encountered.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
SudhirPonnappan1
New Contributor III

Hi Phil,

Thank you for the response and willingness to further investigate the issue.

Attached is the XLSX file used to generate the survey.

Appreciate you looking into this.

Thanks,

Sudhir

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sudhir,

Thanks for your survey xlsx file. The correct syntax in the report template for the checkbox as a list for each of those 2 questions would be:

Access Type

${AccessType | selected:"Hunting_Trapping"} Hunting and Trapping

${AccessType | selected:"Fishing"} Fishing

${AccessType | selected:"Hunting_Trapping_Fishing"} Hunting, Trapping, and Fishing

Season Type

${SeasonType | selected:"0"} All seasons (open year round during open seasons for hunting and trapping, and/or fishing)

${SeasonType | selected:"1"} All seasons except no access during the nine-day rifle deer season in November

${SeasonType | selected:"2"} Ice fishing only from December through February

${SeasonType | selected:"3"} Spring turkey seasons only

The first question above works as expected and will print correctly, as each value in the choice list is unique. However the second question will not print and gets error because there are duplicate values in the choice list. This could be a bug in the report print template handler, so I have raised a new issue for it and will keep you updated.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
SudhirPonnappan1
New Contributor III

Hi Phil,

I was afraid that was the case. Appreciate you looking into this.

Please let me know if this is indeed a bug and when this could likely be resolved.

Thanks,

Sudhir

0 Kudos