Error publishing to Survey123 Connect: The custom feature service submission_url is not compatible with this survey. Table not found

Jump to solution
11-16-2021 02:58 PM
Hayley
by
New Contributor III

Hi there, 

I am trying to publish my survey in Connect however am getting the following error: 

I have tried added the field manually to the main layer in AGOL, however this is an image/attachment field and that is not selectable as a field type in AGOL. 

How do I work around this? I have attached the xls form to make it easier 

Hayley_0-1637103448209.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jordi-Monk-Developer
New Contributor III

I assume that you are using 'submission_url' because you want Survey123 to send the submissions to a previously-authored layer in AGOL. Is this correct?

I would let Connect publish the layer by itself (i.e. removing the 'form_id', and 'submission_url' values). If you need to populate the S123-created feature layer with features from your pre-existing feature layer, you can do that afterwards with Pro, or the Python API.

Does it make sense? (I think we are missing some information: why do you need to work with an existing feature layer instead of letting Survey123 to create it from Connect?)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jordi-Monk-Developer
New Contributor III

I assume that you are using 'submission_url' because you want Survey123 to send the submissions to a previously-authored layer in AGOL. Is this correct?

I would let Connect publish the layer by itself (i.e. removing the 'form_id', and 'submission_url' values). If you need to populate the S123-created feature layer with features from your pre-existing feature layer, you can do that afterwards with Pro, or the Python API.

Does it make sense? (I think we are missing some information: why do you need to work with an existing feature layer instead of letting Survey123 to create it from Connect?)

View solution in original post

Hayley
by
New Contributor III

Thank you! That worked - I didn't realise that is what the submission_url means. Good to know :)

0 Kudos