Error in web version: "TypeError: Unable to get property "nodeName" of undefined or null reference"

07-31-2018 07:49 AM
JohnHussain
New Contributor

My survey works just fine in the mobile app (both Android and iOS), but recently I tried opening the web link and it cannot load the form. In Internet explorer and Chrome I get the error  "TypeError: Unable to get property 'nodeName' of undefined or null reference"

In Safari I get "TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'e.nodeName')

Is this an error with HTML tags (I have some basic ones for formatting text that do not seem out of place and work fine in the mobile version)? I am at a loss.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi John - we are looking into this and will provide an update.

Thanks

John

0 Kudos
ZachTaraschi1
New Contributor II

Is there any update on this? I know I can delete the relevant statement to fix it. However, this seems like a bit of a 'brute force' option rather than fixing the underlying issue.

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Curtis, Zach and Julie - can you share your surveys with me so we can use them as a repro case for testing? 

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Zach

Thanks for the survey. We are investigating the cause of the error.

Could you update your survey to remove the today() function from the default field and put it in the calculation field instead - then republish and test?

John

0 Kudos
ZachTaraschi1
New Contributor II

Hi Johnathan,

Not sure if this is related, or not. But when reviewing SQL warnings, and correcting them, that seemed to fix the problem. The warnings presented did not have any relation to the relevant field, but seemed to do the job.

Thanks for the help!

CurtisDeVault1
New Contributor III

Johnathan Hasthorpe‌, any update to this? I just started happening to me all of a sudden using Google Chrome v 70.0.3538.77. It is also doing it in the current version of IE and Firefox...

0 Kudos
JulieBarrett
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue.  My survey works on iphone but not from the computer.  

I get this error…

Error: Initialing Form...

• TypeError: Cannot read property 'nodeName' of undefined

0 Kudos
CurtisDeVault1
New Contributor III

Our issue was caused by a relevant statement on a repeat where a repeat count was also specified. I removed the relevant statement and republished and I am error free. 

CodraFrum1
New Contributor II

Hi, I had the same problem and thanks to your post I fixed it (by removing the relevant statement from a repeat condition).
Thanks a lot, Curtis

0 Kudos