Error in Survey123 Connect

10-30-2017 08:33 AM
CityGIS
New Contributor

I have been working on a form using Survey123 Connect and am trying to use PullData to fill in existing data from a .csv file but I keep getting errors on those fields with the pulldata command and I was wondering if I had something formatted wrong.  I have posted screen shots of the error message along with a screenshot of one of the fields that it is saying it has an issue with.  While the error screenshot shows just one of the csv files it extends to the others as well, but I have tried everything I can think of to get the error to clear and I think that if I get the one instance to clear, I will know how to clear the others.  Any help in clearing the error will be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Could you please attach your XLSFile (no need to attach the CSV files).

0 Kudos
CityGIS
New Contributor

Added this morning 10/31/2017.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi there,

The error message actually continues down (but is not immediately visible).  At the end is: 

At lines 28 - 32, you have several pulldata() questions that refer to themselves; for example, the OwnerName question's  calculation is:
pulldata('06132017CCParcel','Owner Name','Parcel_Number', ${OwnerName})

and is referring to it's own value.

0 Kudos
CityGIS
New Contributor

So how do I set it up so that it pulls that data from the csv file to populate those fields?  I have changed those fields to reference the ReportingAddress name at the top of the survey which will likely be brought in from workforce (new issue to solve at a later date) and I continue to get errors.  If the functionality of importing data from csv files were part of the online builder I'd just modify the online built form that I have right now to solve these issues and be done with it, but right now this is the best option and reading and rereading the blog posts about pulldata and watching 2 minute videos about it isn't getting me any closer to the end result.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Just to check, the ReportingAddress question is the unique lookup value?  This is somewhat difficult to debug without a sample of the csv files that will accompany the survey.

0 Kudos
CityGIS
New Contributor

I have added the CSV file that is the main one I will be pulling the most data from.  The reporting address will be the unique value if/when we ever have to use this form.  I am hoping it will be sent to the field teams through workforce and then we will use Operations Dashboard to keep track of all the data as it is dispatched and received from the field personnel.

0 Kudos
CityGIS
New Contributor

Just checking in to see that you saw the addition of the CSV that will be used for part of the survey.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Sorry for the delay,

One field needs to be the lookup key for the other values.  In your form, this would likely be either the PIN or Address (PIN is guaranteed to be unique, Address is human readable and may be unique depending on how your master addressing system is set up).  That would be the value for the last parameter of pulldata() for all of the questions.  In this sort of form, I would recommend your property choice list actually have a the PIN as the value for the name column (making sure they are formatted as text if you have leading zeroes); that way the address could be an autocomplete (type-ahead search) and would the do the lookup based on the PIN.

0 Kudos