Error Creating Surveys & Accessing My Surveys

05-02-2019 01:36 PM
AntonioCano
Esri Contributor

I'm experiencing an error when creating a basic survey in the web designer.

After I acknowledge the error, my survey appears in the My Surveys list and the survey folder and items are created in my AGOL but when I attempt to access it, I am notified that my survey does not exist or is not accessible.

I've also tried accessing previously created surveys, and i receive the same notification that my survey doesn't exist or is not accessible.

I have not seen any documentation that Survey123 is not currently working, so I'm curious as to what may be causing these glitches?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Antonio,

It appears that either the creation of the initial feature service or form failed.  Can you view the Survey folder in ArcGIS Online's My Content page - is anything present?  I would suggest deleting the folder and trying to create the form again.

0 Kudos
AntonioCano
Esri Contributor

Hi James,

Thanks for your quick reply! I have actually tried to do so, however one of the glitches I'm experiencing at the moment is that, I'm having alot of difficulty deleting the items. In some cases I receive an error that I cannot delete the folder because some items are delete protected, and so I've checked each item individually and noted that none of them are delete protected. I've also attempted creating multiple surveys with different names, different tags, etc, but I keep experiencing the same issue. As mentioned, even with all my previously created surveys which I've already designed and used, they don't want to open.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

It sounds like you might be having some issues with you ArcGIS account or organization; this could be contributing to the problem in Survey123.

0 Kudos
AntonioCano
Esri Contributor

Its strange, I've not done anything as yet, but it seems to now be working now. Thanks for your helps James!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Antonio - if you check ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard , you'll see that ArcGIS Online is reporting some issues publishing new services (which Survey123 does when creating a form).

AntonioCano
Esri Contributor

Thank you for the insight! Yes that would explain the problems I was having.

0 Kudos