Enter time using Numeric keypad

08-31-2016 05:14 AM
RhondaThynne
New Contributor III

Hello!

For our project half of the data is collected in the field using Survey on a tablet, and the other half is filled out on paper and enter using Survey back at the office. The main complaint I get when entering data back at the office is using the scroll wheel to enter the time. In the field it is great because it defaults to the current time, but in the office it can be a challenge and time consuming.

Is there any way that time can be entered using the numeric keypad instead of the scroll wheel??

Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome

Thank you, Rhonda

6 Replies
KylePyne
New Contributor III

We could also use this feature as we have a couple fields that are numeric, and it would be much quicker to input via numeric keypad.

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Rhonda,

This sounds like a good feature request that you could submit to this site:

Issues · Esri/Survey123Community · GitHub 

RhondaThynne
New Contributor III

Can anyone enlighten me on entering time using the keypad?? I swear I read somewhere that if you create and publish a survey through the web, the functionality of using your keypad to enter time was available...maybe I was dreaming ?!? lol

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Rhonda,

Keyboard entry for time is supported when using the web form to fill in the survey.  We have an enhancement request to enable time entry in the field app and plan to be working on it soon.

0 Kudos
RhondaThynne
New Contributor III

Ahhh that’s what is was!! Thank you for the quick response, James.

Cheers

0 Kudos
MarioFederis1
New Contributor III

Agreed. This is a major complaint using the desktop app of Survey123.  I have people in my department needing to enter the time field via keypad. Is there any sort of workaround?

0 Kudos