Editing point location for Geopoint question

295
2
Jump to solution
02-03-2023 01:47 PM
BKS
by
Occasional Contributor

Hey there,

I'm at a loss for why I cannot edit the location of a feature accessed via a geopoint question.

I have existing survey data that I import from the INBOX.  I then use the geopoint question referencing the layer containing the point I wish to move.  

I am able to accept the new location in the Geopoint question, and then it seemingly successfully submits the survey record with the new location.  

When I re-load the survey via refreshed INBOX, the point is in the same location pre-edit.  Or, perhaps I should say, the symbol for the point feature is in the same location pre-edit.  The map cursor is in the correct target location to where I had moved the point. 

I've tried opening the map after the submit to see if it was just not showing the target location updated in S123, but the edit does not appear to make it to the hosted layer.

Is there a setting that I'm missing?

I have one geopoint for the parent layer and I have one geopoint question for a repeat layer.  

Thanks for any ideas.

BKS

  • S123 Connect 3.15.170
  • S123 field app 3.15.151
  • Windows 10

PS - behaves same on Android and iOS field app

 

 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BKS
by
Occasional Contributor

Solved my own problem.  Sometimes you just need to step away.

Looking closer at the map I was referencing in S123 connect map tab, it contained a FL that was identical (but a different copy) to the one I was referring to in the submission_URL of the Setting tab.  

Human error. 

At least good to know it is working.  

BKS

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DrJumaKhudonazarov
Occasional Contributor II

I had the same problem  but did it  through survey123  website.  I went to my record , edit  then click on map and pin the  location  and resubmit the  record all was fine

0 Kudos
BKS
by
Occasional Contributor

Solved my own problem.  Sometimes you just need to step away.

Looking closer at the map I was referencing in S123 connect map tab, it contained a FL that was identical (but a different copy) to the one I was referring to in the submission_URL of the Setting tab.  

Human error. 

At least good to know it is working.  

BKS

0 Kudos