Select to view content in your preferred language

Editing Existing Survey Records for Audit Purposes

Jump to solution
06-28-2019 11:45 AM
MelissaWojciuk
New Contributor III

What is the best way to edit completed survey records for accuracy & quality control reasons?  We are completing a field inventory of gas meters (>55,000 meters) and the engineers and project manager would like to check 5% of the surveys submitted for accuracy and quality control/training purposes.  They would like to edit the survey data and change any incorrect information, and then fill out some additional questions as to Audit yes/no, #errors found, comments, and an optional photo. The survey is set up as a related table to an existing feature service (meter points). 

From what I understand, I have two options:

1. Edit the survey info from an AGO web app using a custom URL to open a S123 web form; as described here:

https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2019/05/24/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-editing-re...

2. Enable the inbox on the survey.

A.    The potential issue I see with this is that all users would have access to all of the surveys submitted (not just their own).  The project manager would like the inbox restricted so that only a couple people have edit capability to all the surveys.  He is fine w/ users having the ability to edit their own data, but he doesn't want users to be able to edit other's submitted surveys.  The project manager and a couple others would need the ability to edit all users surveys.

Is there a way to use the 'where clause' in the inbox to restrict the inbox to only the Project Manager?

Any suggestions or advice?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Oh and the o or 1 is correct since it is just telling you the count of forms not showing the data.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Wait I just tried mine and they are greyed out also.  I only ever use the count.  Well that is a bummer I wonder why.

Just found this.  The standard web map cannot do this but a Web app can!

Hi Megan, I had the same issue. From the Web Map it looks like it's not possible. But with Web AppBuilder, you can configure the Edit Widget to allow editing of related tables. Yet it's quite tedious, too many clicks needed IMHO...

Also check out this guys custom ones that may work for you  https://community.esri.com/thread/119278-roberts-custom-wab-widgets 

MelissaWojciuk
New Contributor III

I just found it the settings in the widget--thank you so much!! This is way more user friendly!  I really appreciate all the help--you just made my day!!

Melissa

0 Kudos
MelissaWojciuk
New Contributor III

When I click Show Related Records in the bottom of the popup, it opens the appropriate S123 form record in the map attribute table.

0 Kudos