Editing a response from a "public" survey

03-15-2019 12:06 PM
MatthewWelshans
New Contributor

Here is our situation. We have a team of over 200 members and currently have them submitting weekly schedules to us via a public Survey123 form that we email out to our team members each Friday. This feeds a dashboard that our leadership can use to see at a glance where our staff is. Right now they have no way to edit responses as their schedules change and they have no way to resubmit information for the following week without creating additional records.

We don't want to generate Esri logins for everyone, but we simply want a method to send them an email that says something along the lines of "thank you for submitting your response for this week. please go here to edit your response." and then it would generate a link that opens their entry in a Survey123 web form so they can edit as needed for the following week. Is this possible without forcing them to get an organizational AGOL login? We already have a ton of logins to get into various systems so the last thing I want to do is make them go to one additional one just to submit their weekly accountability.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Matthew,

Are you using the web form or the Survey123 field app?  This is technically possible via the field app by enabling the Inbox; that being said, without usernames or another method to know who is who, it would be difficult to control access.

We are working to provide support for editing via the webform; it is possible that this scenario could be supported in the future via that.

0 Kudos
MattStayner
Occasional Contributor II

Hi James,

Any update on this? I have a similar scenario where I have a public web form. A resident completes the form. I want to be able to send the same form to them a year later so they can see their previous responses and make any updates necessary. I suppose I could send them a link using the Survey123 Custom URL Scheme, but I would have to add every field single field to the URL. I'm wondering if there is an easier way. Perhaps just send the global ID of the record in question, or something like that?

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos