edit existing records is not supported for surveys that contain repeats

09-04-2020 11:43 AM
BryceHancock
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I am attempting to edit records in Survey123 on the web on the data tab. When I click to edit a record I receive the following message, "edit existing records is not supported for surveys that contain repeats."  The survey was created in Survey123 connect I have checked the settings for the feature layer in AGOL and the settings are set to allow attribute and geometry updates. How can I edit records in Survey123 on the web with repeats. Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you add 

query allowUpdates=true

to the

bind esri paramaters column

on the begin repeat row?

If not try that.

0 Kudos
BryceHancock
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I did do that.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Did you find any solution to this? I'm currently running into this issue, regarding nested repeats.

@BryceHancock @DougBrowning 

Katherine_Clark_0-1649349214706.png

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think this a limitation with web forms but not sure.  Try in an app and see.  Note you can get the app for windows.

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for responding, Doug. I created a new post to elaborate on the issue further since this was an old thread. Been testing many different things today to try to find a workaround that will work for the user's needs.

Best,

K

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos