Dynamic Summary of Survey Counts/Sums; Summary Group to Update with New Survey Data

Jump to solution
06-11-2021 09:23 AM
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to figure out if its possible to display dynamic survey summaries for our sites that display sums and counts, but dynamic in that the summary will update to show basically a survey history.

We are using survey123 linked from Field Maps for salmon stream survey counts. What would be great is to be able to have a dynamic summary group or even page in our survey form so surveyors can view the previous survey results. Sites are visited multiple times and I would like to have the summary from the most recent survey date show with count summaries, followed by the next most recent date.  Even if it is only possible to get the most recent survey summaries that would be greatly beneficial, but to have a survey summary for each site by survey date would be incredibly awesome. These surveys take place offline and I'm not sure if that creates a limitation in itself?

I do see there is this great example from Esri UK, using Dynamic Colouring & Advanced Summary Page,  

I like the idea of the notes fields and was hoping this might be a solution for dynamic survey summaries that are shown during offline data collection?

Appreciate any assistance and clarification.

Thanks in advance,

Kathy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @kmsmikrud ,

There are a couple of ways to provide the previously recorded information.  First, the data could be structured with the inspection visits being recorded in a related record (repeat) to the inspections site/asset.  You could then use the query parameter in the bind::esri:parameters column to load previous repeat values.

Another mechanism would be to query the feature service for records associated with the inspection site and then process them into custom results.  This would make use of custom JavaScript functions to access the previous data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @kmsmikrud ,

There are a couple of ways to provide the previously recorded information.  First, the data could be structured with the inspection visits being recorded in a related record (repeat) to the inspections site/asset.  You could then use the query parameter in the bind::esri:parameters column to load previous repeat values.

Another mechanism would be to query the feature service for records associated with the inspection site and then process them into custom results.  This would make use of custom JavaScript functions to access the previous data.

0 Kudos
kmsmikrud
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @JamesTedrick!,

Thank-you for the response. Are both options listed above available in offline setting? I do have the stream points with a related record for each survey and then a second related table for the fish counts. 

For the summary values do these populate in Note type fields since they are updated with each survey completed? I'm excited that this is possible and appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Kathy

0 Kudos