Dynamic default zoom / location on geotrace

Jump to solution
06-25-2021 01:30 AM
JohanKlaasK
New Contributor

Dear all, I'm building a survey in which I want to ask my respondents to fill in a geotrace map near train stations which they frequent. For this, I would, ideally, prompt my respondents with a question where they can enter the station which they will provide information for and then prompt them with a (geotrace) map which is zoomed in to the coordinated of the station which they selected. 

As such I was wondering whether it is possible to make the 'detailed map' coordinate fields in the the connect app dynamic in any way? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. The only way to center the map widget is to pass a geometry to it. In the case of a geoshape question, you would need to pass/calculate a valid polygon geometry. This would center your map at the station, but also add a polygon to your map. End users would need to either update or remove-and-redraw a new polygon in the map. I am guessing that this would be very distracting.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi. The only way to center the map widget is to pass a geometry to it. In the case of a geoshape question, you would need to pass/calculate a valid polygon geometry. This would center your map at the station, but also add a polygon to your map. End users would need to either update or remove-and-redraw a new polygon in the map. I am guessing that this would be very distracting.

BamJam
by
New Contributor III

Ismeal,

Does the center parameter not function on a survey with a geoshape or geotrace question?  In looking at the documentation here: Integrate with other apps—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation there is no mention of this limitation with the center parameter?   If not, is that something that could be added in the future for these types of surveys?

0 Kudos
MattTokarski
New Contributor

I think what they're looking for is the ability to pass centroid/polygon geometry to a geoshape question to default it's extent.   In my own use case I have a survey where I pass the centroid of the parcel being inspected to a geopoint to get an overall "Inspection" location.... and then I have a geopoint in a repeat for the individual items inspected. I ALSO have a Geoshape in the repeat which i use to populate a list of points  in order to get asset IDs for the individual items.   It would be wonderful to be able to default the Geoshape based on the Geopoint in the repeat (to populate the table) and not have to click on the Geoshape at all. I could then just hide the whole thing and make the inspection much easier for my end user. 

0 Kudos