Downscaling full-res images in feature report

Jump to solution
03-07-2022 10:59 AM
MatthewAdam
New Contributor II

I'm working with a feature report template and having issue with images coming in at the right size vs resolution. When the images are captured in Survey123, they are full-res at 1440p. Originally, I had the images push to the report with size: 450:450, but a client requested the images come in at HD. When I try to change the resolution to size: 1440:1080 the images come out gigantic. I have to then go in manually and resize the images which is fine for a one off report, but these are recurring. Is there any way anyone knows of to have the images come in at full-res but smaller physical size?

Attached is my report template for reference. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewRogers
New Contributor III

Hi @MatthewAdam ,

I believe you can use the following expression taken from the report template documentation.

"To display the original image at full quality but a set size, use the getValue and size expressions together."

${image1 | getValue:"" | size:450:450}

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MatthewRogers
New Contributor III

Hi @MatthewAdam ,

I believe you can use the following expression taken from the report template documentation.

"To display the original image at full quality but a set size, use the getValue and size expressions together."

${image1 | getValue:"" | size:450:450}

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Matt

MatthewAdam
New Contributor II

Thank you so much, Matt! This was the answer all along. I think I had misinterpreted the documentation at first, but this was clearly the answer.

-Matt

0 Kudos