Does reverse geocoding require certain user type and/or privileges?

Jump to solution
09-23-2019 10:59 AM
JimW
by
Occasional Contributor II

I have a Survey123 form that uses reverse geocoding to capture the address and town of a utility mark out.  I use the pulldata function in a hidden question to get the JSON object and then get the city and address properties so my end user doesn’t have to type these in.  When I am signed into the Survey123 field app, this works as expected.  When my user is signed into the field app, it doesn’t work.  Neither the address nor the town values get populated.  The only difference that I can tell is we have different user types.  I had him sign in as himself on my IPad and IPhone and the same thing happened. I signed into his IPad and it worked for me.  Does reverse geocoding require a certain user type or am I doing something else wrong?  Survey form is attached.  Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jim,

Just to check, geocoding is missing from the list (it's a separate privilege from network analysis).  Refer to User types, roles, and privileges—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JamesTedrick

Hi Jim,

Can you be specific about the role/privilege differences?  

0 Kudos
JimW
by

I have a creator role assigned to me.

My end user is a custom role, created by our site admin, called field editor.  This role has the following privileges assigned:

• Editor with routing
  • View organization members
  • Join organization groups
  • View groups shared with organization
  • Create, update, and delete content
  • View content shared with organization
  • Network Analysis
  • Edit features
0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Jim,

Just to check, geocoding is missing from the list (it's a separate privilege from network analysis).  Refer to User types, roles, and privileges—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

JimW
by

That was the issue.  Thanks for the help. In hindsight, my question should have pointed me in that direction.

0 Kudos