Do groups require labels? The template indicates no, but the rules indicate yes?

06-08-2020 05:18 AM
BenVan_Kesteren1
Occasional Contributor III

I am viewing the sample/template titled 'Grid Style Groups', and it has this as the example data, see highlighted pink:

typenamelabel
begin group
group_1aPage 2 (Grid Groups - No Repeats)
imagephotoSite Photo
begin groupgroup_1b 
textsite_nameSite Name
textsite_idSite ID
textjob_numberJob Number
integerair_tempAir Temp (°C)
select_one cloudcloudCloud Cover
select_one wind_speedwind_speedWind Speed

I try to publish this survey and the whole document is throwing errors, I think the rules have changed, but the document may not have been updated?

My actual issue, if anyone has any ideas on how to resolve, is how can I hide the bold group names as shown below? 

I dont need to waste the space with the words Inspection and Sub Group. I would love for these labels to not exist at all.

I only have them so I can format the works required and (works urgency & botanical name) in two columns as shown below, if this can be done via another method other than groups, i would love to know:

typenamelabel
begin groupgroup_aInspection
select_multiple works_reqdworks_requiredWorks Required
begin groupinspect_bSub Group
select_one urgencyurgencyWorks Urgency
select_one botanicalbotanical_nameBotanical Name
end group  
textnotesNotes
end group  
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi Ben,

The short answer is that groups do not require labels.

You should just be getting a warning when converting your form (with no group labels) in Survey123 Connect.

Once you accept this warning message, publishing should go ahead successfully. Can you please confirm whether you're seeing a warning or error message (please share the message) and whether you're getting this message when converting the form in Connect, or when attempting to publish?

Thanks,

Brett

0 Kudos