Displaying previously submitted location points in a webform

07-31-2019 03:19 PM
MiloHunter
New Contributor

I'm designing a Survey123 webform for respondents to identify bus stops along a route, one by one, to essentially submit the full sequence of stops along a bus service so that the bus route can then be mapped.

I've the form set up so that each time a location is submitted with the geopoint widget, the respondent has the option of returning to a certain point in the webform so that they can add the next bus stop along the route until they have provided all stop locations.

One of the feedback points i am consistently getting is that when the respondent is using the form to input data points, the point will be submited on completing the form each time and 'wiped' on the respondents end each time so that there is no record on the map of points that they have already added to the survey.

If the respondents will not have their own named user Survey123 accounts and will just be accessing the public webform through the URL i'll be providing, is there any way for the survey webform to keep record and display points that they themselves have previously submitted so that they can follow what they've already entered, where they are along the route, where they have yet to drop a point etc.?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Milo,

Given your description, it would probably be best to structure the stop recording as a repeat inside a form for the route.  If people are submitting anonymously, it's very hard to show just the points one person recorded on the form.  You may also want to look at the upcoming polygon/line capture capabilities; one of the features is to create a line from a sequence of points in a repeat.  Look at the Early Adopter Community for more information.

0 Kudos