Display Survey123 Photos within a Repeat Count in Web Map Viewer

Jump to solution
12-06-2017 12:51 PM
GinaFox
New Contributor II

Is there a way to display pictures taken from Survey123 within the survey’s pop-up window in Web Map Viewer if the pictures were written to be in a repeat in the xlsform?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @PeterMacKenzie2,

The best way to collect and display multiple attachments from Survey123 is using the multiline appearance on a single image question, versus using a repeat and collecting multiple records each with a single image. If the image is in the main parent layer, and uses multiline, you can view all the images in a pop up or via the web map, from the main layer, without having to display all of the repeat records.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Gina,

It is not possible to display the photos in a repeat directly in the pop up in ArcGIS Online. You need to select the related record and then open the table and view the photos from there. This is a known limitation of ArcGIS Online Web Map pop up.

There are several other GeoNet posts related to this pop up issue, some of the other users have suggested some workarounds you may want to search and take a look at.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
GinaFox
New Contributor II

Will this become possible?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Gina,

This is more of a question for the ArcGIS Online team regarding Web Maps, may be best asked here ArcGIS Online GeoNet forum or an enhancement request through Esri support.

Regards,

Phil. 

0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie2
Occasional Contributor II

Is there any way to do this yet? I have a form with several nested repeat photo fields. I end up with related tables. Can I put these photos in a popup in a web map or even as a list in a popup?

PeterMacKenzie2_0-1653979966033.png

0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie2

It will be extremely difficult for you to later explore the attachments in ArcGIS that way 
I just saw this link which I think is my answer - if anyone has a way to do it despite this doco., feel free to share.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @PeterMacKenzie2,

The best way to collect and display multiple attachments from Survey123 is using the multiline appearance on a single image question, versus using a repeat and collecting multiple records each with a single image. If the image is in the main parent layer, and uses multiline, you can view all the images in a pop up or via the web map, from the main layer, without having to display all of the repeat records.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie2

Thanks for the reply @Anonymous User . I did further reading and can see it's easier for now to avoid nested repeats for images. 
The reason why nested repeats enticed me is so you can run a sub-report in Vertigis reporting and control where the images are within the report. See here for info on that: here if you're interested. Not sure how S123 reporting handles selecting only a certain attachments (images) in different parts of the report. 

0 Kudos