Display previously recorded features in Survey123 app

Jump to solution
02-09-2021 05:14 PM
HabitatMapper
New Contributor

I have been searching the forums for a way to display existing, or previously recorded features when undertaking fieldwork to no avail. When drawing multiple features that are related to similar habitat features it would be really helpful to be able to see the last polygon, point or line that I've drawn.

I've just moved from using ArcPad 10.x where all the data recorded was visible on the screen, which was very helpful.

Is this possible either by toggling a setting in the app on my phone, in Connect or somewhere else in the user settings?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @HabitatMapper,

I assume you are asking to see the collected points, lines or polygons that have not yet been submitted on the map when you collect a new point etc. This is not currently possible in the released version of Survey123, only submitted data from the feature layer can be displayed, by using a custom web map as the basemap.

We are currently working on a beta feature which will allow this functionality, so that collected points/lines and polygons, that are stored locally on the device (not yet submitted) will be displayed on the map, this will be done via an additional parameter applied to the geopoint question in the XLSForm. We are hoping to have this beta feature available soon in the Early Adopter Community.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @HabitatMapper,

I assume you are asking to see the collected points, lines or polygons that have not yet been submitted on the map when you collect a new point etc. This is not currently possible in the released version of Survey123, only submitted data from the feature layer can be displayed, by using a custom web map as the basemap.

We are currently working on a beta feature which will allow this functionality, so that collected points/lines and polygons, that are stored locally on the device (not yet submitted) will be displayed on the map, this will be done via an additional parameter applied to the geopoint question in the XLSForm. We are hoping to have this beta feature available soon in the Early Adopter Community.

Regards,

Phil.