Display multiple geopoints from a repeat in a single map

02-22-2022 01:12 PM
Iron_Mark
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have a form with multiple groups and repeats that let you collect multiple geopoints. By default the report print each geopoint separately but I want to show all the points in a single map because otherwise it won't make sense displaying them separately.

How can I do that? I found this from the documentation ${geopoint_question | mapSettings:"10df2279f9684e4a9f6a7f08febac2a9":100000}

geopoint_question is the name of the question that let you drop the point and in the object ID (in this case "10df2279f9684e4a9f6a7f08febac2a9" I put the ID of the map that contains the feature layer.

It gives me an error when I try to upload the  report template. Failed to parse because it cannot find the geopoint_question or something similar.

I appreciate your help

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Iron_Mark ,

In the latest Survey123 February update, the Survey123 report service supports displaying multiple geometries (from a same layer) on a single map.

For example, ${geopointInRepeatLayer | where:"parentGlobalID='<aGlobalID>'" | drawingInfo:"currentLayer"}

Please check details of the syntax and examples in the doc.

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos
Daniel_Perkins
New Contributor III

Hi @ZhifangWang,

I read the help documentation and am still struggling with this. Is this feature only available in a summary section of a report? I tried your suggestion above using globalid and I couldn't get it to work. Can you provide a bit more detailed explanation? Thank you.

Based on the report templates web page, I also tried:

${#<repeat_name> | resultRecordCount:1}${repeat1.<repeat_geopoint> | where: “inspectionId=123 !important”}${/}

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @Daniel_Perkins ,

Displaying multiple geometries on a single map is also available in an individual report. You can find the `${location | where:"status='broken' !important" | map:"<itemID>" | size:400:300}` example which displays all geometries where status='broken' under the Map questions section in the help topic.

Would you mind sharing some context of your geopoint question/survey/XLSForm and what you want to achieve? 

0 Kudos
Daniel_Perkins
New Contributor III

Hi @ZhifangWang ,

Thanks for the help and sorry for the delay. I have a Survey123 form with a repeated geopoint question to capture issues along a trail segment. I would like to display a map on the report that shows only those points collected within a given record (not all points that may exist in the data layer from other submissions).

I have attached a simplified xlsx here which should show the relevant questions.

0 Kudos