Display Equipment Models based off the type of Manufacturer selected

Jump to solution
03-03-2020 08:03 AM
CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

I have a list of manufacturers and a list equipment models related to specific manufacturers. Would a pulldata expression be the best way to show models only for the selected manufacturer?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NickDierks1
Occasional Contributor II

Without knowing exactly how you want to use that information, my first instinct would be to set it up as a cascading select: Cascading and external selects—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

You could even have a couple levels to it: first selection is the manufacturer, then the type, then the model. Since it's a pretty long list, I'd probably also make sure it's an external select (discussed on the same link) so that it doesn't slow down the survey load times too much.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
NickDierks1
Occasional Contributor II

Without knowing exactly how you want to use that information, my first instinct would be to set it up as a cascading select: Cascading and external selects—Survey123 for ArcGIS | Documentation 

You could even have a couple levels to it: first selection is the manufacturer, then the type, then the model. Since it's a pretty long list, I'd probably also make sure it's an external select (discussed on the same link) so that it doesn't slow down the survey load times too much.

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

0 Kudos