Difficulty Uploading Surveys - Photo Attachments Disappearing

08-02-2017 05:49 AM
PatrickDel_Pizzo
New Contributor II

I have a team in the field trying to submit surveys with photo attachments. Several of the surveys are generating a red exclamation point when they try to submit (see attached image). They can no longer be opened once that occurs. Also, for the surveys that are able to upload, many of the photos don't appear to be attached. It appears that the photos that were attached to uploaded surveys are also no longer stored in the attachments folder on the android device they are using. The only photos they can see in that folder are the ones they haven't yet submitted. Can anyone tell me where these photos might be and how to stop them from deleting or disappearing? Also, why do some surveys appear to be having difficulty uploading.

Thanks.

6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Patrick,

When you click on one of the surveys with red exclamation marks, is a particular error being reported?

This might be a workflow issue- are your workers using the 'Favorite Answers' capability of the survey?  We have an issue with regard to the Favorite Answers and photos.

0 Kudos
PatrickDel_Pizzo
New Contributor II

Nothing happens when they click on the surveys with the red exclamation point. It appears that these surveys were uploaded but without the photos. They also are not using the favorite answers function.

0 Kudos
MarcoAmaya2
New Contributor III

i have the same problem, a we have the version fo survey123 is 2.6.7 on android 6.0

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Marco,

Can you provide some more information on how the survey is set up:

- Is the form in ArcGIS Online or in an Enterprise installation?

- Are you using an existing ArcGIS Server service or having a service created by Survey123?

0 Kudos
MarcoAmaya2
New Contributor III

Hi James

we are using ArcGIS Online

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Thanks Marco,

Jus curious, how much free space is left on the devices?

0 Kudos