'Destination relationship not found for table'

07-04-2019 06:38 AM
ZoltanKovacs
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I have some problems with publishing a prototype survey form against an existing feature service (in AGOL) that has a related table. The service was created from a fGDB authored in Pro 2.4, and the relationship class to the table is NOT based on Global IDs, as I have to retain a specific RiskID both in the feature class and related table (my table holds all relevant attribute information).

I went through the documentation and made sure that my repeat group is named the same as the related table and used the correct submission url to link the survey to the existing feature service. Regardless, I'm getting the error message: 'The custom feature service submission url is not compatible with this survey. Destination relationship not found for table RiskRegister'. My related table 'RiskRegister' is definitely part of the feature service and is editable (was tested in AGOL), so the only thing I can think of at the moment is the error is because my relationship class is not based on Global IDs...

Can anyone confirm that publishing with related tables will only work if the relationship class is based on Global IDs? (Assuming that repeats are stored in related tables using Global IDs by default when and empty feature service is created during publishing a new survey (without using an existing feature service).) Any help is much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

NB: The fGDB used to create the service contains confidential data so I'm unable to attach to the post. (I may be able to send the schema if that helps.)

Zoltan

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Zoltan,

Survey123 only supports relationships based on GUIDs (either GlobalID or another GUID field).  The RiskID can also be present in both tables without needing to be the relationship key field.

0 Kudos
ZoltanKovacs
New Contributor III

Hi James,

That explains the error, thank you for letting me know.

If I re-create the relationship based on Global ID/GUID and re-publish the service to AGOL, I'm getting the same error again. Not sure what I'm doing wrong if anything, since the relationship works fine in a Web Map/Web App...

I'm using the latest version of Connect (3.5.157) when publishing to AGOL.

Zoltan

0 Kudos
EricaSummers
New Contributor II

I am also having the same issue. Survey 123 is not recognizing my relationship classes for one of my tables, The relationship is built on a GUID. I'm wondering if it is a bug with the most recent version of Connect.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Erica,

Could you provide the JSON information of the feature layers that are in the relationship (You can get this by going to the service URLs and clicking on 'JSON')?

ZoltanKovacs
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I attached the JSON to the original post (comments cannot have attachments), I hope this helps. (NB: the data included in the files is fictitious.)

Zoltan

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Zoltan,

Could you also provide the XLSForm you are using?  Feel free to e-mail me at jtedrick AT Esri.com if you wish instead of posting directly.

ZoltanKovacs
New Contributor III

Thank you for your help James! Somehow I missed that survey123 only supports 1:M relationships which explains the issue I was experiencing.

Zoltan

0 Kudos
EricaSummers
New Contributor II

Hi James,

I have since sorted out the issue. I recreated the relationships and it worked.

Thank You

0 Kudos