Dear community, i designed a survey containing one main frame and two loops to provide multiple selections of location by a needle. The produced data should be analyzed directly online by queries. My problem is that its not possible to combine the data fr

12-19-2019 11:42 AM
MelanieLauffenburger
New Contributor II

Dear community, i designed a survey containing one main frame and two loops to provide multiple selections of location by a needle. The produced data should be analyzed directly online by queries. My problem is that its not possible to combine the data from the different loops or the main frame (different data layer). I tried to make join by using the global and the parent ID, respectively. This didnt work neither. Is there any common difficulty in doing such a join or is there another way to solve the problem, maybe by an expression in the initial excel sheet of the survey so that all loop inputs are automatically copied to the main frame? Any other suggestions or alterations of survey123 itself? Thanks for helping, Till.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hello,

Did you publish the feature service from Survey123 Connect?  If so, the main record and related records should be joined automatically. 

0 Kudos
MelanieLauffenburger
New Contributor II

Hello,

yes i uploaded it from Survey123 Connect. But it results in 3 different data layers. Is there a possibility to do the (not working) automation manually (maybe through a code in the excel sheet)?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Melanie,

It sounds like the form was published properly - each of the loops (repeats/related records) are stored in their own table, as they will have multiple entries per parent record.  They are related, which means that selections can carry through (see Automatically select related records—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop ) and can be accessed through the parent record's pop-up (see Configure pop-ups—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation ). 

If you need to de-normalize the table (create a large table with the parent record data for each entry in a repeat), you can do so via the 'Join Features' tool (Join Features—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation ), joining 1-1. Note that you would need to do this separately for each repeat, as there isn't a relationship between the two repeat loops.

0 Kudos
MelanieLauffenburger
New Contributor II

Hello James, i tried this multiple times (see the screenshots above, in the first you can see the parent records layer - SoSe19 and the two loops - Lieblingsorte and Meidungsorte, the second shows the selected parameters for the join-tool) Unfortunately it doesnt work this way, neither when switching the target and the joining layer. 

Kind regards, Melanie

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Melanie,

Are you receiving an error from the join attempt?  You may want to file a support incident to troubleshoot what is going on.  Just to be sure, the second set of join fields are placeholders (not real field names)?

0 Kudos